Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2020

Look for the Light

There's a quote I found awhile ago that really hit me, and I want to share it with you all today. It says, "We are too prone to engrave our trials in marble and write our blessings in sand". It stuck out to me because of something that I've been feeling laid on my heart lately, and that is a simple sentence that makes up the title of this blog post: look for the light.


I've noticed how many of us tend to forget that there is any good happening whenever something bad occurs in our lives. Whether it be something that's happening, or has happened, to us, someone we love, or in the world around us, it's so easy to let the bad things (the dark) get under our skin, and for it to cause us to forget about all of the good things (the light) in and around us! That doesn't mean that it's wrong to acknowledge the bad and hard things in life, but we have to be watchful to make sure that we don't fall into the trap of forgetting all of the good things by dwelling on the bad stuff. 


I wrote a poem about this on my poetry blog that I want to share on here also. It's short, and maybe you've already seen it, but I feel like it sums up this point really well. 


"Look for the light. No matter how dark the night, or how long and tiring the fight, look for the light. No matter what feels right, or how it doesn't seem very bright, look for the light.



"No matter how scared you are, or when you can't see the stars, there's always a flicker hidden away. No matter how sick you feel, or how hope seems unreal, in the darkness you don't have to stay.



"Breathe in, breathe out, and then do it again. The night's nearly over; this moment will end. Breathe in, breathe out, and just choose to be still. The light is returning; it always will.



"Your story's not over, a miracle's here. There's always one out there. Look for the light, and watch the dark disappear. Fight on, fighter. Look for the light whenever you're down. I promise He's stronger, and He can turn it around.



"He's fighting His way through your darkness of fear. Look for the Light and watch the dark disappear."



If you find yourself facing dark things, I encourage you to look for the light. If you can't even find anything there, look for the Light (Jesus) that lights up all darkness forever. I promise you that it's there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Preparing for the Promise

How it began... It started off as good stage chemistry... Apparently REALLY good stage chemistry. We met through LifeLight Youth Theatr...